Last night I heard my own heart beating
Sounded like footsteps on my stairs
Six month gone & I'm still reaching
Even though I know you're not there
I was playing back a thousand memories, baby
Thinkin' 'bout everythin' we've been through
Maybe I've been goin' back too much lately
When time stood still & I had you
Come back, come back, come back to me like
You would, you would if this was a movie
Stand in the rain outside
Till I came out
Come back, come back, come back to me like
You could, you could if you just said you're sorry
I know that we could work it out somehow
But if this was a movie you'd be here by now
I know people change & these things happen
But I remember how it was back then
Locked up in your arms & our friends were laughing
'Cause nothing like this ever happened to them
Now, I'm pacing down the hall, chasing you down the street
Flashback to the night when you said to me
"Nothing's gonna change, not for me & you"
Not before I knew how much I had to lose
If you're out there, if you're somewhere, if you're moving on
I've be waiting for you ever since you've been gone
I just want it back the way it was before
& I just wanna see you back at my front door
& I say come back, come back, come back to me like
You would before you said it's not that easy
Before the fight, before I locked you out
But I'd take it all back now
You'd be here by now
It's not that kind of ending you wanna see now
Baby, what about the ending?
Oh, I though you'd be here by now
That you'd be here by now

No comments:
Post a Comment